The previous measures were revised by the Hungarian Government
Despite the content of the previously proclaimed Government Decree No. 26/2021. (29 January), the Government Decree No. 27/2021. (29 January) on the proclamation of the State of Emergency and on the entry into force of the protection measures of the State of Emergency (hereinafter: Government Decree) in its Sec 1 on the reason of preventing the consequences of SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus pandemic (hereinafter: pandemic), which causes a mass disease endangering the safety of life and property in order to protect the health and lives of Hungarian citizens, the State of Emergency is promulgated again to the whole territory of the country by the Government.
This Government Decree was entered into force on 8 February 2021. The provisions of the Government Decree shall be applied until 1 March 2021.
The Government Decree in its Sec. 2 (1) appoints the Prime Minister as a member of the Government who is responsible for dealing with the consequences of the pandemic. Pursuant to the subsection 2, the prime minister is assisted in his task by the Operational Staff.
Pursuant to the Government Decree Sec. 3 (1) on the extraordinary measures of the State of Emergency are provided in separated laws. Under the Sec. 3 (2) the necessity of the State of Emergency is continuously revised by the Government.
At the same time the Government Decree ask the cooperation of the citizens in connection with the enforcement of the measures of the State of Emergency.
The measures of State of Emergency are regulated by the Government Decree No. 484/2020 (10 November) (hereinafter: Government Decree on Protection Measures of State of Emergency).
The short content of the Government Decree on Protection Measures of State of Emergency:
The second phase of the protection measures will be introduced by the Government which rules are included in the above-mentioned Government Decree. In the followings there are some main points that will be describe shortly. These points shall be expected to be followed by everybody to curb the pandemic efficiently as possible. The breach of these provisions imply on serious legal consequences.
The Government Decree includes the following general rules and it takes compulsory for every Hungarian citizen:
Everybody is obliged to wear mask (medical, occupational safety, textile mask or mask of other material)
- on public transport as passenger or on the public transport for the purpose of work. The minor under age of 6 years, a person with mental or psychosocial disability are an exception to the provisions,
- in the inner area of the settlement with population of more than 10 000 people on its public area or public space which are designated by the local government with exception of the sport activity and in the parks or green areas,
- in the shops during shopping or working unless the employer and the employee agree that the employer or the leader of the shop provides a break for all of the employees during which it is not necessary to wear mask,
- in the territory of shopping mall with the exception of the offices, premises for sports activities and in the parking lot or on the green areas,
- in the territory of the public archives which are available for external visitors (outsiders),
- in opening hours,
- in those territories of the local government which are opened for clients,
- in those premises which are opened for clients and operated by the universal postal service provider or the postal contributors furthermore in any room where customer reception is carried out for administration purposes. No more than 5 people stay in these rooms,
- in all rooms where they are waiting public transport,
- in any catering shop during working or as a customer,
in such way that the nose and mouth of the relevant person must be covered up continuously.
In the whole territory of the health care institution, the mask must be worn by everybody, as mentioned above. The treated person must not obliged to wear mask.
In the social institution, the mask also must be worn by the employees during the direct contact with the beneficiaries or if they are stay within 1.5 m distance to the beneficiaries. These rules are also applicable during the public programs or staying in the public areas.
Between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. everybody is obliged to stay at home, place of residence or accommodation.
This rule is not applicable in the following cases:
- in the event of situation which involves damage to health, danger of life, serious damage or for life protection purposes,
- for work purposes,
- for transport purposes to the workplace and for transport purposes to home, place of residence or accommodation,
- or in the purpose of the participation of the sport event or training for the athlete under the Sport Act and for the transport purposes to the sport event and for the transport purposes to home, place of residence or accommodation,
In the above-mentioned cases, the leaving of home, place of residence or accommodation and to stay in the public area are permitted.
Pursuant to the Government Decree, holding an event and assembly and participating in them are prohibited.
It is forbidden to stay in the catering shop, except for the employees of the shop but staying in the shop for the time of food delivery are permitted.
This aforementioned provision of the decree shall not apply
- to the canteen or diner of the health care institutions,
- to the occupation canteen or restaurant,
- to the restaurant or bar of the place of residence, if there the guest of place of residence is served only,
- to the canteen of the public education institution and vocational training institution (educational institution), if there the student or employee of the educational institution are served only.
Between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m. with the exception of the employee of the shop, lottery, national tobacco shop it is forbidden to stay in the shop, lottery and national tobacco shop. All of the shops must be closed in this period.
The pharmacy and the petrol station can be opened between 7 p.m. and 5 a.m.
The person who turned 65 years old, for the interest of own and his/her family safety, may visit the grocery store or other perfume store, drugstore and paper product store and pharmacy from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m and 11 a.m. and on Sunday between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. In this period, only the aforementioned persons can be stayed in the shops.
The Government Decree also prohibits visiting the leisure facilities. The visiting of those facilities where the athletes attend for training purposes or hold a sport event are exceptions. There are also an exception of those facilities which can be visited for adult vocational education purposes under the relevant law.
The police control the compliance with all measure of this Government Decree with the assistance of the National Defense.
A fine of up to 100 000 – 1 000 000 HUF can be imposed for the breach of the above-mentioned rules.
The minimum amount of the fine is 5000 HUF and the maximum amount of the fine is 500 000 HUF. In some case, the minimum amount of the fine is 150 000 HUF and the maximum amount of the fine is 1 000 000 HUF.
More information about the aforementioned measures can be requested from the police or the National Defense.